I am starting a series on Office 365 ProPlus because I find it an interesting deviation and introduction to software as a service strictly. As you know if you’ve read my blog for some time, I’ve always described Office 365 as services enriched by software. The services being Exchange Online, Skype for Business Online, SharePoint Online etc. with the software being how Office 2016 Rich clients such as Word, Excel and Outlook interact with services to create a truly immersive and enriched experience.
That experience starts at Office 365 E3 plan which offers both software and services, but what if you don’t need the services. What if you’re a business user that always wants access to the latest Office version. Microsoft has listened and are offering a solution to you. The package is called Office 365 ProPlus, it costs $15.20 CDN/user/month and it includes
- Access to the latest version of Office Pro Plus which includes (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, Skype for Business and Access). Each licensed user can install Office on up to 5 devices (Windows PC, MAC, Android devices, IPad and most mobile devices.
- Online versions of Office that doesn’t require installation and can save directly to your OneDrive for Business storage space.
- 1 TB of cloud file storage space over OneDrive for Business.
- Access to Sway to create that empowers you to create online presentations.
What I like about Office 365 ProPlus is that it gives you the option to take advantage of Office 365, dip your toes in the cloud productivity water so to speak, while not forcing you to move all of your services. If you are happy and choose to upgrading to another version of Office 365 is easy to accomplish.
In my eyes the Office 365 business plans now make perfect sense.
- You have Office 365 ProPlus which give you access to software in the software as a service model.
- You have Office 365 E1, which gives you services without software.
- And you have Office 365 E3 which is basically ProPlus + E1.
ProPlus + E1 = E3
1+2 really does make 3